Saturday, January 7, 2017

Transfers ~ January 7, 2017

Notice! After this week (the NEXT Tuesday) I will be leaving the office. Explain more this afternoon. Love you all!! :D


Here he is haha. He is an excellent missionary. He has 14 months in the mission so not too far behind from me.


Hola familia!

Wow so there are lots of changes and news I've got to share you! So, this last Saturday we had dinner with President and he had a little interview with me and he said that I would be training at the start of this next transfer (17 of January), and that I would only be training for two weeks! So all this week I have been preparing the stuff to begin training when suddenly out of nowhere President talked to me yesterday and said that my replacement would be coming that afternoon! I was like WAT! And he said that I would train from yesterday until the 17th, and then would leave to the field....

So yeah! That was a quick change! I'm here now with my new companion, Elder Velasco! He's from California, but lives in Orem, Utah. So I will be here in the office only until the 17th. I'm not sure where I'll be going, but I will know this next Sunday. I'm excited to be able to get out in the field again and be able to have some awesome teaching experiences.

This week we had Leadership Council and Zone Conference. It was pretty sweet. We have new news as well. There is a new Missionary Schedule! The first presidency and apostles and missionary committee all approved and decided on a new schedule. In the morning we still wake up at 6:30, then after exercising, we have to plan for the day and have personal study for an hour. At 10:00 am we have to be out in our area working. Sometime between 10 and 9pm we have to have 30 minutes companionship study and language study. At 9- 9:30 we have to be in the house and then we just rest and we can sleep before 10:30 if we want. It is pretty sweet. So after returning home in the night we don't plan for the next day or do anything. We just get ready for bed and rest. The mission department committee (not sure what it's called) said that the purpose is to have more productivity during the day and to have missionaries more healthy by having more resting time at night. Quite a big change, but a sweet one if I don't say so myself.

Well that is all folks! I love you so much! Take care, and Happy New Year and well, happy week!

Love,

~Élder Tyler Hales~

Wow that's crazy that it has been so cold there! Actually since the last week of December it has been a little cooler here in Barranquilla as well. The heat is still there, there is just a nice breeze now that helps cool things down a bit.

Just a quick thing, Ibuprofen might be nice. I'm running out.

Well, got to go now. I love you all so much! Sorry that I wasn't able to write before hand again.... Nothing ever turns out as planned.... But oh well. I love you all so much! Say hi to everyone in the family and that I love them oh so much!

Chaoitos!

Thought of the week:

"Through this restoration, each of you has access to the great blessings promised to Abraham. These blessings can be yours if you remain faithful and live worthy. In the pamphlet For the Strength of Youth, you are given some very practical instruction about how to “go forward with faith.” I summarize some of that counsel: “To help you become all that the Lord wants you to become, kneel each morning and night in prayer to your Father in Heaven. … Study the scriptures each day and apply what you read to your life. … Strive each day to be obedient. … In all circumstances, follow the teachings of the prophets. … Be humble and willing to listen to the Holy Ghost.”

This counsel is followed by a promise leading to promises that come through the blessings of Abraham: “As you do these things, the Lord will make much more out of your life than you can by yourself. He will increase your opportunities, expand your vision, and strengthen you. He will give you the help you need to meet your trials and challenges. You will gain a stronger testimony and find true joy as you come to know your Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ, and feel Their love for you.”"
Elder Gary E. Stevensen,Where are the Keys and Authority of the Priesthood?, April 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment