Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Eve ~ December 31, 2016




Hi Momooo! Wow it was so amazing to see you guys on Christmas!! :D I don't know why I get so emotional every time haha. I thought that by now I would be used to it haha. ;) After the call, and every other call we've had, it seemed like the time went soooo fast. Even with an hour instead of just 40 minutes. Also I felt like during the whole time my mind just went blank. Haha. I'm sorry. I seriously could not think of what to talk in the moment. But I am so glad that I was able to talk to you guys. I am so grateful for you all. I love you all so much and I hope that everything goes well as you start this new year!

So... Mission stories.

Yeah so first there is the story about the Jimenez family. Last year a few days ago, me and my companions found a family of a dad, and two sons sitting out on the porch. The dad was a big man carving some wood with a big knife and honestly looked very intimidating. But we talked to the family and shared our message with them. We were able to visit them several times after that and I remember the time we taught about the Restoration, I shared the part of the first vision and I remember the Spirit was so strong in the moment and I just felt that the whole family would be able to accept the gospel. The dad was the most interested and he brought his sons to church several times while I was there. We tried teaching the mom and other family members but they didn't accept as much. After I left Sabana Larga, and a few months later when I arrived here in the office (after my area in Arjona) I saw three baptismal records for Daniel, Gabriel, and Ramiro Jimenez. My heart in that moment as I realized who they were filled with so much joy! The three sons we had taught there with the dad were baptized. I then talked to the missionaries from there a couple of months after and they said that the mom and dad, and the three sons attended church every week. And that the parents got married and were preparing for baptism. I haven't heard much from them recently, but I pray that they may all have been baptized and are strong in the church.

Javier Marrugo from Arjona is the first baptism I had. He is from Arjona and he is the one that one fast and testimony Sunday he got up and shared his testimony and said he received his answer that this church is true. We then baptized him two weeks later after preparing him a bit. He had known the missionaries from 14 months earlier from the day he received his answer. And during all that time he didn't want to be baptized. But finally we baptized him. The last he wrote me a few months ago is that he had plans to go to the temple in November in Bogota to do baptisms. I haven't heard recently. He is 19 ( I think 20 now) and he has been the financial secretary of the ward in Arjona.

Those are a couple. Another from here in the office is that about a month ago, there was an elder here whose grandpa died. His grandpa had practically raised him all his life and so it was really had for him. I was the one who had to help him call his family and see how things were going in the house. It was a touching experience. AFter he was pretty sad and so I printed a copy of the Jesus Christ drawing I made on some nice special drawing paper. I wrote on it John 14:27 about "Peace I give unto you....." i don't remember how it goes in English. But it was neat. he thanked me with tears in his eyes and he said he was going to keep it safe and in a place where he would alwasy see it and remember it. Other than that I have had many experiences helping missionaries especially when they have problems a little bigger. Trying to comfort them and everything.

Yeah. Sorry I think that's pretty much all I can fit with the time I have.

I love you so much Mommoo! Thank you really for everything you have done and do for me! You are seriously the best. This next week I will really try to write beforehand because I have only written you and Bryce today. Say hi to everyone. And to Leon and Diane since they wrote me but I don't have time to respond.... Love you bye!

Love,
~Élder Tyler Hales~

ÉLDER HALES

Secretario de Salud

Misión Colombia Barranquilla

About the camera.... well I went to buy one today.... but guess what? the store that has some good ones was closed for New Years Eve.... :/ So I didn't buy one today... But I was thinking, it might be OK to send one in the package. I would be fine waiting a few weeks haha. But if you think it's more secure I could buy one here next week.

Speaking about the package. I don't know if you think i should buy some here, but I was thinking that maybe some shoe inserts to help with my heels would be nice. They get hurting sometimes especially after playing soccer for 2 hours on Saturdays with President. Some nice gushy firm ones. I don't know. What do you think?

Ok sounds good about the shoes. Thanks.

The camera sounds perfect. It doesn't have to be something fancy I don't think.

Ooooh yessssss Zap zit and Stridex pads. Neosporin might be nice too. I haven't had Stridex pads for like two months.... But I am now on the last scrapings of the zap zit. Ummm.... Oh i don't think I I will need more of Mucinex blue version. I still have the big entire box in my suitcase. Just the yellow green version would be needed. Actually in these past couple of days my nose and throat have been bothering me again.... I don't know if it's from the air conditioning in our room or what.

Ooh yes daily vitamins will be perfect too!

Ha oh dear mother. why only 225 pills? ;) Ok sounds good about the protein stuff too. Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment