Saturday, December 10, 2016

Light The World ~ December 10, 2016














Videos are compliments of Kody Brooks who was visiting the Barranquilla, Colombia mission.  They were attending the Ward Christmas Party and Tyler was there with them.  I love these tender mercies.

Buenas buenas! Mis amiguitos!

This week we had transfers once again. A lot of awesome missionaries finished their mission this week, one of them being Elder Carreon, my Mexican companion from here in the office a couple of transfers ago...:( That was really sad. A lot of new great missionaries got here so that's great.

Not a whole lot has happened other than that this week. We have been doing the LIGHTtheWORLD activities as well and it has really been a neat experience to reflect even more on the things that Jesus did and how we can show that light and example to others so that they can pass it on.

Oh, this week I also saw Elder Baque once again! And my companions for this transfer are Elder Pucha, again!, and Elder Matos. Elder Troche is with Elder Bustos. We are doing well and are excited to keep on keeping on here! I will start sending fotos of what we do for the activities in these weeks! Christmas time is the best time of the year!

Love you all! Ciao!

Love,

~Élder Tyler Hales~

ÉLDER HALES

Secretario de Salud

Misión Colombia Barranquilla

Wow I miss the snow a whole lot right now. Today as we were playing soccer this morning, the sun was blazing so hot in my face. I just wanted to fall on the ground and cry haha. But that's kind of funny about the elementary students haha. I remember how the kids always wanted to slide on the ice... I was one of them... hahaha ;) just sometimes. ;) Yes I got to see the devotional in the mission home with President and his family. It was so legit! I can't believe Christmas is already so soon! I can't believe that a year ago I was in Sabana Larga! It never crossed my mind that I would be here in this part of Barranquilla at this time, even less to be in the office! You guys will have to show me that song and the church video when I get home. They sound pretty sweet.

This week with the services it has been a cool experience. I've been able to reflect on Christ's acts and miracles that He worked while he was here, and how even the simplest acts of kindness we do every day can help others see His example and desire to follow him. Something kind of fun we have done this week is leaving little treats for the door guards of our new apartment building. We have left them like little chocolates and stuff and now they are quite good friends of us and every morning and night when we leave and enter the building they say "The Elders! What's happening? How's it going?" All in spanish but yeah. ;) I will let you know more about these next weeks and what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment