Saturday, December 3, 2016

Merry Christmas #LiightTheWorld ~ December 3, 2016


Merry December and Happy Preparation for Christmas!

December Third: Jesus helped the blind to see, and so can you!
I love this whole initiative that the church has launched this year! So far it has been such a neat experience to be thinking more on how to really serve as Christ served. There are really so many small things that we can do to do just as He did. On Tuesday Elder Bustos and I and President gave the instructions for the iniciative to all the zones here in Barranquilla. That was a cool experience.

On December 1 it was the first day of the initiative and guess what? One of the activities is to help someone move! And we were moving! It was a fun activity for us to do this week, and probably the biggest thing we have had happen this week. But to make it even more awesome is that our new apartment is totally legit! It's on the tenth floor with lots of light from windows and it's not humid like our apartment has been that we have been living in. There are three bathrooms with showers and one half bath and then a service bathroom with a shower as well, a super awesome kitchen with an island and black marble counters! (not sure if it's really marble... it's some kind of rock) But,... the best part is.... something that I have almost forgotten existed..... HOT WATER! Oh yeah! Legit! I about cried my first hot shower on Thursday. ;) The house has been absolutely marvelous! Not to mention it has air conditioning in the main room and then in all the bed rooms as well! This week I think we got a little spoiled, but I am so grateful this apartment showed up. We have been looking for like the past 3 months.

Well, I think that's about it. I will keep you all updated on what's going on this week with the activities of service everyday. Make sure to keep doing them! I love you all and Merry Christmas!
Love,

~Élder Tyler Hales~

ÉLDER HALES

Secretario de Salud

Misión Colombia Barranquilla

Aw yeah haha I felt bad too because I wanted to send it but we have P-day today so I sent it now. I was going to write a poem but didn't have time to think it all up. Maybe for next week ;)

I think 5:00 here time would be perfect! So yeah just so you remember as well that this time we have an hour to talk! :D so from 5 to 6! That will be a perfect time I think. I'm still not sure how our church services are going to be. If they will be all normal or if they will do just the one meeting thing. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment